Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: AG FAQ

  1. #1
    Inactive Member sharlit's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    293
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I decided to start working on a page that tells about all things AG for newer collectors. (Even though I called it FAQs, it's not in question format.) So far I have very little, but I thought I'd share what I've got so far. I've used super-basic HTML, so while it's not pretty, it should load fast. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    http://www.geocities.com/sweetvalleysarah/FAQs.html

    I need feedback! I plan to put a links section in later. I think I'll put in a brief doll care section that is mostly links, as well. I think it would be nice to put the direct numbers to as many personal shoppers as possible. So those I could use help on.

    I'd especially like help from new collectors. It is hard for me to imagine what it's like for you. My brain has had almost 15 years to absorb all things AG, so I don't remember what it's like not knowing many things!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sara!!! Good JOB!!!

    You missed two items, and that is good considering that you do not visit NY or Chicago often!

    ok, two items are:

    American Girl Place doll umbrella
    American Girl Place doll necklace and bracelet.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sarah, I'm not so sure it's wise to post Maria's info on your page. She will be swamped with calls from people. That's what happened to her when I called her yesterday. I think she did not appreciate our use of the personal shopper department as a catalog department. If you are going to post Maria's name and store info, maybe you can call her and ask for permission first.
    Julia

  4. #4
    swazini
    Guest swazini's Avatar

    Post

    That is a great idea Sarah! It should be really helpful to newbies as well as veteren collectors!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member amsinstl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2002
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is a really good idea. You might also want to add that PC means Pleasant Company. Some of the older collectors (like myself) still have a tendency to refer to PC instead of AG. (Old habit, I guess).

  6. #6
    Inactive Member mollysmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1st, 2004
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    First of all that is a great list, thank you very much. My only suggestion would be to add the prices of the items.
    As I am the worst for believing ebay sellers it would be nice to know just how much the following items are:

    Director's Chair
    Treat Seat (I thought that was discontinued) Is it cute?
    Finale Outfit - does this have white overalls and a tee shirt?
    Oh heck, I would like to know what all of the prices are but that might be a pain........
    Thanks for making up the list. As far as Maria is concerned, I do not see why everyone is so worried about her, she makes commission on your orders and she would not honor the Nellie pre-order and the Chicago store was...... Does that not make anyone else mad????

  7. #7
    Inactive Member sharlit's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    293
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok, lots to reply to! I updated the page. First of all, thanks for clarifying Kim; I removed Maria's name. I guess I'll just have to have the general PS extentions. Can someone tell me Chicago's again? Ria, thanks for sharing the info on the jewelry set! It's something else for me to look forward to seeing when I finally get to AGPC (July 19th)! I did get the jeans. Oh, did I put the necklace in the right section? In other words, does it have the city name on it or does it just say "American Girl Place"? Nia and mollysmom, I believe the Finale Outfit is the white overalls set. Correct me if I'm wrong! AnneMarie, good call on PC, thank you! (Especially since it has a totally different meaning usually!) mollysmom, I was planning on linking to Meg's guide, if she's cool with that, which has pictures and prices for everything. I plan to keep my personal list only for current items, though. The idea is that you can learn about the items from Meg's guide and my list will be a quick-load option for reminding yourself what's available at AGP while shopping on ebay. But I guess some people would buy from ebay if it's cheaper on there? (I can't imagine that happening, though.) Maybe I will add the prices later. Can anyone tell me for sure if the Treat Seat is still available or not? Also, I want to keep this page as factual as possible with little opinion. If someone sees my opinion coming through, could you please tell me? Thanks!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member KariS's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sarah, great job! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I would only offer a few suggestions:

    * I would just briefly list what is in each of the AGP exclusive outfits because some people might have an easier time matching the description up with the name - for example Finale Outfit (white overalls, long sleeved white shirt, white sneakers) Just a basic description so if you call to order it you know the right name for the one you want.

    * I went to AGP NY last week and got the Bitty Baby romper for my daughter and it doesn't say American Girl Place New York, just American Girl Place. I don't know if the Chicago one says Chicago on it, but the NY ones don't seem to have the location on them, probably so they can be sold in both stores.

    * I could be wrong, but I don't think there is a rhinestone star shirt at Chicago. I think that was new at New York, but again, someone please correct me if that is incorrect.

    * Have you considered listing the different meet outfits and accessories for the AGT dolls and what years they were out, or is that something you don't want to get into? I know sometimes I look on ebay and can't remember which meet outfit was the first, and which was second, and so on.

    * How about listing the years that Lindsey and Kailey were available for and what their meet outfit consisted of and what accessories were available with them?

    I think you've hit most of the key points that someone new to collecting (or to the board) would need to know - great job! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ May 29, 2004 08:30 PM: Message edited by: Cleopatra of the Nile ]</font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member mollysmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1st, 2004
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    I think that you are doing a great job of just letting us know what is available at each store. That is the main thing that I wanted to see. As there are only two stores and they each have special items that show up constantly on ebay as retired, this would hopefully stop someone from falling for that line AGAIN. I personally REALLY appreciate it. I was going to bid on that little Treat Seat on ebay as I thought it was retired. I will call AGNY tomorrow and find out if it is available and get back to you then.
    Thanks for doing this......

  10. #10
    Inactive Member sharlit's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    293
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As far the personal shoppers, the only reason I have only Maria so far is because I only have her number. My plan was to collect everyone's number, and people could have the option to call a personal shopper directly. They would choose from all of them. That way one particular PS wouldn't get swamped. But if we decide to pretend they don't offer phone services, then I guess I'm removing that whole portion.

    Ria, I got the black umbrella with writing on it, was that what you're talking about? I have no idea about a necklace and bracelet set!! Can you please describe it!? That's cool!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •